Bernard Liengme

If you used something like =AVERAGE(A1:H2) you should get the correct value
even when these are blank cell in the range. If the rows are not consecutive
you could use =AVERAGE(A1:H1, A5:H5) for example

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"justamailman" wrote in message
sorry, let me try to explain a little more . Well i have some number in
two
subsequent rows in different collums and i want an average of all but the
problem is that they are not in subsequent collum. average does not seem
work when the number have an empty collum between them

x | y | empty | z | empty | x | | |
average
y | x | z | x | x | empty |

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Have you tried? Your description is confusing to me, but AVERAGE()
ignores blank cells and text...

In article ,
justamailman wrote:

can we use average in rows even two rows at the time when number are
not in
consequent collums meaning there is some spaces between them without
having
to add each number manually in the function window.