Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Quattro Pro and Excel 2007

I should have added though that you can download the free Open Office
spreadsheet program which can open QP files (I'm pretty sure<g) and save as
XLS.

http://www.openoffice.org/

--
Jim
"Boris" wrote in message
Thanks Jim. Not the answer I was hoping for but sort of as expected...
Best wishes, Boris.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

The article you saw referred to older versions of Excel. Excel 2007
cannot
open any QP file or any 1-2-3 file for that matter.

--
Jim
"Boris" wrote in message
I am trying to open some Quattro Pro (wb3) files in Excel 2007...
On the Microsoft Office Online site, File formats that are supported in
Excel article, it says for both wb1 and wb3 files: "You can open
Quattro
Pro
files in Excel by using a converter. You cannot save an Excel file to
Quattro
Pro format." The question is what converter? I installed Office 2007
with
all
the converters that came with it but when I try to open the wb3 file,
Excel
simply says "incorrect format" and will not open the file. Can someone
let
me
know where I might get the Office 2007 converter referred to in the
Office
Online article? (I might also need to open some wq1 files but I guess I
will
meet that challenge when I come to it)...
Many thanks, as always, Boris.