Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jcutolo jcutolo is offline

Default Stop "Book1" from opening from a saved file

Gord,

I tried to do this, it seem to process correctly, but I still get the same
thing when I open the file.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

How are you opening the file? Double-clicking?

Try the usual fix(es) for this problem.

ToolsOptionsGeneral uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:40:00 -0700, jcutolo
wrote:

Hopefully, the experts can help.

Everytime I open an excel file, it opens two instances. One is "Book1",
which is blank. The other is the document I want. How do I stop the "Book
1" from opening and only get the file I requested? This just started
recently. I am using Office 2003.

Thanks!