Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default change default font color for editing/review

The font color is a cell characteristic, not a system characteristic.

AJB wrote:
My question may have been unclear. I want to avoid have to change the font
for each edited cell to red separately. The desired outcome is being able to
click any cell, and what you write is in red without having to manually
switch from the default, black.

"Bob I" wrote:

Your "macro" will need to "Format" the selected cell to "Red Font"

AJB wrote:

I want to be able to write a macro to make red the default font color upon
command to be able to clearly see edits & changes, but I can't seem to be
able to do it. Clicking on Tools/Options/Colors doesn't change my font
color. I want to be able to click in any cell, write, and have it be red.
Any suggestions? Thanks.