Monique

Yes, this did the trick! I hope it was as easy for you as you made it for me!
Thanks to all that brainstormed together!

Monique

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Monique

Using Basil's formula (since it is shorter than mine and achieves the same
objective), do the following.
1. Format cell A1:A22, C1:C22 and E1:E22 as Custom=000
2. In cell A2 enter =IF(A1=999,1,A1+1)
3. Copy this formula down through A3:A22 when it will change to
=IF(A2=999,1,A2+1) etc.
4. In cell C1 enter the formula =IF(A22=999,1,A22+1)
5. In cell C2 enter =IF(C1=999,1,C1+1)
6. Copy this formula down through cells C3:C22
7. In cell E1 enter the formula =IF(C22=999,1,C22+1)
8. In cell E2 enter =IF(E1=999,1,E1+1)
9. Copy this formula down through E3:E22

The easisest way to copy formulae is to grab the fill handle (little black
cross at bottom right of cell) and whilst holding down your left mouse
button, drag down across the range of cells you wish to copy to, then
release the mouse button.

Hope this helps

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Monique" wrote in message

I am looking for a formula that has a consecutive number range starting
from
001 and ending at 999. I do not use all of them in one day. My goal is
be able to revert back to 001 when the last number of my sequence (999) is
reached automatically. This is for an excel spreadsheet that does not
expand beyond 999.

Thank you for your help!

Monique