Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Wigi Wigi is offline

Default Function refering sheet index.

You can't do that with today's Excel functions.

You could consider writing your own new function, a user-defined function
(UDF) to do it.

Alternatively, you could setup the list of all sheet names and work with the
INDIRCT function.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Joe_Germany" wrote:

Dear all,

I have some 100+ sheets in a file.
in the first sheet I want get a consolidated information. say count
the entries in column-D.

how can I write a funcion indipendant of the sheet name.

for ex,

normally the function will be .....
=counta('sheet1'!D:D)
here we have to maually change the name for each sheets.

I would like to know if the sheet index can be used in this function.
[ =counta(sheet(2)!D:D) ]
so that I can make the sheet index [ =counta(sheet(A5)!D:D) ] a
variable and automate the same for all sheets.

Thanks a lot... a quick responce will be of great help...

Regards
Joe