Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar Elkar is offline

Default Cell joining problem

I'm sure there's a more ellegant sollution, but this should work:

=INDIRECT("A"&ROUNDUP(ROW()/10,0))&INDIRECT("B"&IF(MOD(ROW(),10)=0,10,MOD(ROW( ),10)))

HTH,
Elkar

"Niniel" wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a better way to do what I have to do... which
is joining cells in a looping kind of way.
Let me explain. I have a list of 10 items of column A. Then I have another
list of 10 entries in column B [colour attributes, actually]. Now I want to
create new values in column C that are comprised of a join of Row 1 of Column
A with Rows 1 - 10 of Column B, then Row 2 of Column A with Rows 1 - 10 of
Column B, etc. all the way down to Row 10 of column A.
How can that be done?

Thank you.