Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shazzer Shazzer is offline

Default divide a month's target into weeks

Thanks. That seems like a really good idea but unfortunately, for some
reason, the last one is given me the answer -23 instead of 7.

"JLatham" wrote:

In all of the weeks except the last one put a formula such as this:
=INT(25/4)
each of those would display 6
Then in the last week put a formula similar to this (assumes the other 3 are
in B2, B3 and B4)
=25-SUM(B2:B4)

If you need to alter the number of sales frequently, you can put the 25 into
a cell and use that address instead of hard coding 25 into the formulas.
Let's say you put it into cell B1 then the formulas become:
=INT(B$1/4)
and =B$1-SUM(B2:B4)

"Shazzer" wrote:

Is there a formula which will divide a number up into whole numbers. I.e. if
I have to acheive 25 sales in a month, in a 4 week month, I want to divide it
up into 4 whole numbers to see how many I need each week. So week 3 of the
weeks should read 6 and 1 of the weeks should read 7.