Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Excel Formula Help

A2=City (from your text)
Sheet2 columns A&B contain table of Cities vs Province

=VLOOKUP(A2,SHEET2!a:b,2,0)

will return province

Or

=if(isna(VLOOKUP(A2,SHEET2!a:b,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2 ,SHEET2!a:b,2,0))

will return blank if not found

HTH

"Roseygains" wrote:

Hi there,
I work in the mobile industry running campaigns and so forth. We received
the sms entry report in a excel spreadsheet.
What I need to do is find the region of entrants. The Entry Data report has
the date, Cell number and text which was entered across columns.
What I did was, I created a table of Cities of South Africa and in which
province they are in.
I need to match the name of the city found in the entry text to the nam of
the city in the table that I have created and the result should be the
province.
Can this be done ?