Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default How to reset Excel 2002 to first run condtion

If it with regards to toolbars and menus do a windows file search (close
Excel first), use advanced options and make sure you check hidden files and
folders and search for

*.xlb

when you find it rename it to something like

*.xlbbak

start excel and a new toolbar should be created from scratch, once you made
sure it is what you want delete the old one. No need to uninstall
Office/Excel

Peo Sjoblom

"Phil M." wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd like to get Excel to appear as it did the first time I ran it on
my PC. I've followed the directions as outlined he
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193006. But that still doesn't change
everything back to "first-run" condition. I've tried renaming the
Excel10.pip file. I've reinstalled Office XP. Still no luck. Any
ideas? Thanks.

--
Phil M.