Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Vlookup returns #N/A correctly...but...

See nothing wrong with
.. IF(ISNA(cell ref),"XYZ","ABC")

It should work fine with #N/A errors, eg:
=IF(ISNA(B7),"XYZ","ABC")

Perhaps there's other errors returned?
Try: =IF(ISERROR(B7),"XYZ","ABC")
--
Max
Singapore
"Linda" wrote:
Hi All,

I am using the Vlookup formula to compare two files daily extractions. The
#N/A value is retuned when there is correctly no match found. I want to
create a formula in a seperate column, based on the results of the Vlookup,
that would return a text string based on those results. IF statements work
great except for the #N/A results. I have tried IF(ISNA(cell
ref),"XYZ","ABC") and it still uses #N/A as a result of the IF. Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
--
Linda