Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

Default excel same value in two cells

Awesome Sandy.....thanks much for the lesson......every day it's something
new, (shaking my old gray head)..........maybe I can use this technique to
check out some of my larger macros that seem to take a long time to execute.

Thanks again,

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Hi Chuck,

It was Chip that pointed out to me some time ago that one of my codes was
multi-firing because I missed those lines off although I could not see
anything happening on the sheet.

The code I used was:

Debug.Print "Chuck"
'Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
Range("a2").Value = Range("a1").Value
Else
If Target.Address = "$A$2" Then
Range("a1").Value = Range("a2").Value
Else
'Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Then I copied the entries in the Immediate Window and pasted them into a
sheet using Paste Special Unicode Text to find that I had 198 Rows of
"Chuck"

What puzzles me is if, with the entries still in the Immediate Window, I
change the Debug.Print line to "Chuck2" I only get 65 "Chuck2". If I then
clear all the entries in the Immediate Window and run the code again I am
back to having 198 entries! Perhaps one of the real experts can explain that
to us.

If you un-comment the EnableEvents lines that you will only get one "Chuck"

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi Sandy.........
I bow to your much greater experience, and wish to learn all I can. In
this
instance, I intentionally left those lines off and do so as a general rule
anymore because I like to see things flash as the macro
progresses.....sort
of in lieu of a progress indicator. I was not aware that their absence
could
actually affect the operation of the macro itself. I use '97 also, and
see
no evidence of multiple firings here. How did you conclude that the macro
had fired 198 times?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3