Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Why does Excel highlight all cells when making changes?

Never heard of that, as a workaround you can try to select the cell to
change, then hit F2, that sets you into edit mode automatically in that cell.
--
-John
is helpful.

"cja" wrote:

My problem is that when working in Excel 2003 I need to make a change on a
previously saved document. After opening the document up I select the cell
that needs to be changed and for whatever reason as I move the mouse up to
the tool bar to make the changes all cells that I move the mouse over
automatically highlight and I cannot make any changes or do anything else
with the document. What causes this and how can I fix the probem.