big jim

"big jim" wrote in message
The regional options settings are the same on both computers, neither
computer has 1904 date system checked and the other options are the same.
I formatted the cell as "date" and *3/14/2001 and when I sent it to them
the format changed to "custom" and d-mmm.

Jim S
jim

What sort of change? From what to what?

Are regional options setttings the same on both computers?

Are ToolsOptionsCalculation "1904 date system" options the same?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 10:30:17 -0700, "big jim" wrote:

I created a excel spread sheet which I emailed to someone at another
location and after they received it a cell which had the date format
changed
to a custom format. I have run across similar problems before with the
same
issue, can anyone tell me why this happens and how can I fix it?