Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Help! I need a formula to add numbers separated by commas within

Here's another way.

Assume:

A1 = 100, 200, 300

Enter this formula in B1:

="=SUM("&SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")&")"

This will return a *text string* that looks like a formula:

=SUM(100,100,100)

To convert it to a real formula and get a numeric result:

With B1 still selected goto EditCopy then EditPaste SpecialValuesOK then
EditReplace

Find what: =
Replace with: =
Replace (or Replace all if you do a group of cells at once)
Close

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"SUPER EA" <SUPER wrote in message
Hello. I have a spreas sheeit in which each cell has various number
seperated with commas. For e.g. 100, 200, 300, 400 are in one cell. I
have
an entire worksheet in which each cell has multiple numbers and I need for
each cell to be summed up individually. So if I have 100, 200, 300 in a
cell, I need it to add up and read 600. I can go into each cell
individually
and enter the =sum but that would take me forever with an entire spread
sheet. Is there a way I can highlight the spreadsheet and enter a formula
that will automatically add up each individual cell so I don't have to
enter
=sum in each individual cell?

I hope I'm being clear. Please help!