Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default PLS HLP Waterfall doesn't display properly

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
dee said:
I have a feeling I'm doing this all wrong. In fact, I started with just the
figures (no invisible column) and am scratching my head trying to figure out
how to actually create the formulas that correspond to what I want.

In fact, the figures that I wish to display are in the spent column.

Yes, that's right, but in order to make them "float", you must have an
invisible column underneath them. In order for it to be underneath, if
you are using the Chart Wizard, you must place that column of numbers on
the left.

The figures you supplied at first will make a very good waterfall (I
tested it), if you put them the right way round.

--
Del Cotter