Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete at Sappi Fine Paper Pete at Sappi Fine Paper is offline

Default Default format for "mail recipient as attachment" emails

This has been bugging me forever and I can't find a solution anywhere.

If I email a spreadsheet to someone using "File / Send to / mail recipient
(as attachment)", the default format for the email is Plain Text. EVERY TIME
I use this method to send a spreadsheet (and I do it a lot), I have to change
the format from Plain Text to HTML, then change the style to Normal.

In my Outlook options, HTML is set as the default format, and I have no
problems when sending emails using Outlook.

The same problem occurs with MS Word ... but not with Powerpoint.

I was beginning to think there wasn't a solution, but I just tried the "mail
recipient (as attachment)" thing on a colleague's computer, and the format
was HTML! So there HAS to be a solution. He and I tried to figure out what
was different in the settings on our two machines, but no luck.

Please help - thanks!