Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Show decimals only when needed

Formatting the cells as General will show decimal places only when
needed.

In article ,
betany70 wrote:

We have a spreadsheet that is chrunched for space - there are only a few
cases where decimal places are needed - but when they are they need to be
shown. If I format everything to two decimal places the text (using shrik to
fit) gets really small. Is there a way through conditional formatting or
somewhere else to show decimal places only if the cell value contains them?
I am using Office 2007 and can add tons of conditional formats but once I
send to Office 2003 users they only retain the top 3...... Thanks!