Myrna Larson

You need a macro for this. I've written the code. You can find it on Google if
you search for

combinations permutations

posted by Myrna Larson in groups microsoft.public.excel.*

But it will not work with your layout. It requires a column of data, with the
top cell containing "C" or "P" (for combinations or permutations), the number
in a set in the cell below that (what you say you have in A1), and the members
of the population in the cells below that (what you say you have in B1:B5).
i.e. you would need "C" in A1, the number 3 in A2, and the numbers 1, 3, 9,
20, and 25 in A3:A7

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 03:07:03 -0800, "Mally"
wrote:

How do I display all the combinations of a group of numbers

Example
Cell A1='3'
Cells B1='1', B2=3, B3=9, B4=20, B5=25

This will display all the combinations of 3(A1) numbers from the numbers
1,3,9,20,25

1 3 9
1 3 20
1 3 25 etc

The amount in cell A1 will change as well as the total of numbers in the
range.