Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Decimal place + - button use in protected worksheet

Unlock that cell before protecting the sheet.

FormatCellsProtection

Allow users to format that cell.

ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet.

Enable "format cells"

If not using 2002 or newer you won't have this option so could use VBA code to
unprotect, do the deed then re-protect.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:36:38 -0700, Aaron wrote:

Hi,

I have one cell that I need to manually nudge up or down the decimal
place for by using the quick button on the top menu.

Problem is my workbook has protected sheets, and all formatting
functions vanish when you protect.

How can I allow users to change the DP in this one cell in my
protected sheet?

Currently I unprotect, change the DP and reprotect.

Cheers,

Aaron.