Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to loop

Maybe it's time to restate your requirements--without the code.

Are you looking in A1:G1 for any of those strings and then A2:G2 for any of
those strings, then a3:g3....

Or are you looking through a single column for any of those strings.

"saman110 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I have Columns A:G and many cells I want to delete entire Rows if the content
of the cell contaings certain word. So far I got this Macro, but it does not
loop and I have to run it several times to get it right. is there any way I
could run it once?

Note: the code below looks at cell A2:G2 and deletes the whole Row

Sub DeleteColumns()
Dim i As Integer

For i = 256 To 1 Step -1
If Cells(2, i).Text = "Subtotal of High" Or _
Cells(2, i).Text = "Subtotal of Extremely High" Or _
Cells(2, i).Text = "Subtotal of Average" Or _
Cells(2, i).Text = "Subtotal of Below Average" Or _
Cells(2, i).Text = "Subtotal of Above Average" Or _
Cells(2, i).Text = "Grand Total" Then
Cells(2, i).EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next i