Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Hilberg David Hilberg is offline

Default Extracting Rows to Make A Totals Sheet

Duke Carey wrote:

If you stick with your approach, you will need worksheet event code in VBA
for each sheet to copy new entries from each sheet to your 'aggregate' sheet.
Even with such code, how do you ensure that the same data desn't get copied
anew when somebody edits a row?

If the event code recopied all data from all sheets whenever the Totals
sheet was visited, duplicate records would be avoided. Data would
probably end up clumped by sheet, of course. And there could be a slight
delay, which might become annoying if flipping back and forth.

- David

"Savage" wrote:

I have multiple worksheets and any time something is entered on one of them I
want it to show up on my totals page. As an example we have mulitple sheets
with the headings. They must be all in separate sheets and can not be
combined into one.

First sheet

[Voucher Number] [Branch] [Invoice] [Customer]
12344 Fred 12345 Frank

Second sheet

[Voucher Number] [Branch] [Invoice] [Customer]
2222 Sussex 0003 Sam

Totals Sheet