Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beege Beege is offline

Default Fill Series

Suzanne wrote:
Good morning...Gord....

ACKKK!!! I cannot figure this one out....I tried everything you suggested
and the fill series still wants to keep everything the same but change the
year....is it because
I have the day of the week?????

Tuesday, July 24, 2007
the next becomes
Tuesday, July 24, 2008 ....and so on....

I just want it to become the next day as in:
Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I am just perplexed!

I will listen to anything you can come up with....

Thanx again,

Suzanne

Suzanne,

If you format cells with the date (use format"dddd, mmmm d, yyyy", and
put in 7/24/07, you should see "Tuesday, July 24, 2007". Yes? But if you
type in General format "Tuesday, July 24, 2007" it comes out as text.
and the year indexes as you fill the series. Do it the first way, and
the day indexes as you fill it. That's how it works for me, anyways...

Beege