Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Fill Series

It's because the dates are text, text values with numbers in them will fill
the number part at the end which it does since the year changes. Do you
type these in? If so the date format is wrong.
It's best to enter a date like

07/24/07

then use a custom format of

dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy

then copy down and it will change the way you want, I doubt you can ever
type in

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

and get Excel to recognize it as a date

Peo Sjoblom

"Suzanne" wrote in message
Good morning...Gord....

ACKKK!!! I cannot figure this one out....I tried everything you suggested
and the fill series still wants to keep everything the same but change the
year....is it because
I have the day of the week?????

Tuesday, July 24, 2007
the next becomes
Tuesday, July 24, 2008 ....and so on....

I just want it to become the next day as in:
Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I am just perplexed!

I will listen to anything you can come up with....

Thanx again,

Suzanne
--
Thanx, Suz

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Just formatting a text date to date will not do the trick. You have to
force it
to become a number which is how Excel stores dates.

IMO you have a date July 29, 2007 that is text.

I am surprised the Text to Columns did not do the trick.

Try this................format to General.

Copy an empty cell.

Select the cell with the date and editpaste specialaddokesc.

Re-format to date.

Now try your fill series.

Gord

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:44:00 -0700, Suzanne

wrote:

Hi...Toppers and Gord....

Well....I tried both of your suggestions....and neither works. I made
sure
my column was set to date and delimited. Any other hints???