Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default ALT+ENTER = line break

Are you actually editing that cell when you hit alt-enter?

Charles wrote:

I too am having this problem with Excel 2003 ie alt+enter no longer inserts a
line break within a cell. I have tried the MS method of turning off the
computer, but to no avail. It was coincident with importing a numbered list
from the notes page of a powerpoint presntation, but that may be irrelevant.

"Dale" wrote:

I am having the same problem as Nyla, alt+enter does not insert a line break
as it should, but it does not fix itself -- it seems to be consistently
missing across all spreadsheets, and has been that way for days. Is there a
way of re-setting the alt+enter command to function as it should?

"Nyla" wrote:

What can cause the ALT+ENTER to NOT insert a line break? This usually always
works, but when I tried it at one point today it didn't work. I went to a
different cell and it worked, but the one certain cell would not accept the
ALT+ENTER to insert a line break? Is there a format or something that might
cause this?

--

Dave Peterson