Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

Default Pivot Tables vs. Report in Access

It sounds like a simple sort and subtotals (under Data menu) will give you
what you want.

"LOST" wrote:

I am working with someone who is inputting the same information 3 times.
Once in an expense report (Excel), once in the budget (Excel) and then once
into Access so they can print a report. I am having them link the two Excel
workbooks, so that should help a little, but I was wondering if a Pivot Table
would do the trick for them in regards to reports. It seems silly to just
use Access just for a report. But I have not worked with Pivot Tables much,
so I do not know.

Here are their column headings:

Field Officer, Trip ID, Nights/Days, Location, Date, Misc, Taxi, Gas, Meals,
Mileage, Airfare, Auto, Hotel, Entertainment, Total Cost

Their report in Access are by Travel Expenses by Field Officer and by
Location.

With all the expenses being column headings I am not sure how to go about
this.

Any ideas?

Thank you