Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Suzanne Suzanne is offline

Default Fill Series

Good morning...Gord....

ACKKK!!! I cannot figure this one out....I tried everything you suggested
and the fill series still wants to keep everything the same but change the
year....is it because
I have the day of the week?????

Tuesday, July 24, 2007
the next becomes
Tuesday, July 24, 2008 ....and so on....

I just want it to become the next day as in:
Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I am just perplexed!

I will listen to anything you can come up with....

Thanx again,

Suzanne
--
Thanx, Suz

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Just formatting a text date to date will not do the trick. You have to force it
to become a number which is how Excel stores dates.

IMO you have a date July 29, 2007 that is text.

I am surprised the Text to Columns did not do the trick.

Try this................format to General.

Copy an empty cell.

Select the cell with the date and editpaste specialaddokesc.

Re-format to date.

Now try your fill series.

Gord

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:44:00 -0700, Suzanne
wrote:

Hi...Toppers and Gord....

Well....I tried both of your suggestions....and neither works. I made sure
my column was set to date and delimited. Any other hints???