Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Look up text value

Source table assumed in Sheet1 cols A and B, lookup values in col A,
associated text in col B

In Sheet2,
Assuming dropdown list is in A1, place in B1:
=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,0))
--
Max
Singapore
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
was wondering if you could help me, I am trying to do the following:

I've linked a dropdown box to a table with over 4000 entries in it and
need to selectevly bring up a text value from that table, for example:

The drop down menue contains:

Apple
Orange
Pear

then apple selected I need "Apple" and the text attached to the other
cell to pop up sa "ABC123" for Apple ABC124 for Orange and ABC125 for
Pear.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Stan