Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Billy Liddel Billy Liddel is offline

Default Running Inventory

Kazagi

I thought a bit more about your problem. I think that it is sit down with a
pen and paper time. What do you want out of the system and how much time is
there to input the data.

These are the sheets I came up with
Medicines
Batch#
Strength
Date in
Exp.Date
Order#
Qty
Name
===
Supplier
Manufacturer
Address1
Address2
Town
Country
PostCode
Tel#
Fax#
===
Patients
DOB
Fname
Lname
Address
Sex
Next of Kin (NOK)
PatientID
=====
Dispensing
Date
PatientID
DrugName
Qty
Strength
====
Then you would need your stock report something like my earlier reply.
Do you want a Patient history? You could get one from the above tables.

Of couse this would ideally be done on a database, but you can copy Excel
Tables into Access sometiome in the future.

Regards
Peter A

"Billy Liddel" wrote:

Kazdagi

I did not fully read your post before dashing off this simple stock.

Sheet2:

Date Medicine N In N Out Overall Total
02/01/2007 Aspirin 200 200
02/01/2007 Codeine 150 350
03/02/2007 Aspirin 25 325
04/02/2007 Aspirin 50 275
04/02/2007 Codeine 20 255
04/02/2007 Aspirin 50 275
04/02/2007 Codeine 20 255

Select a good range below and created range NAmes, Insert, Names, Create.
In B2 typed =SUM($C$2:C2)-SUM($D$2:D2) to give the overall Stock. Copy down
through the named range.

Sheet1 (Report)

In B3
Stock Levels
Aspirin 125
Codeine 130

In c4 type
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Medicine=B3)*(N_In))-SUMPRODUCT((--(Medicine=B3)*(N_Out)))

and copy down.

Can you work with this or would you like more detail. I'd also check with
your accountant that this method is OK before dispensing with the paperwork
and ledgers.

Regards
Peter A