Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default REVERSING SIGNS OF NUMBERS

The SIGN function returns 1 for +ve numbers, 0 for zero and -1 for -ve
numbers. So, you could make use of this to construct a formula to
convert the numbers, but Martin's solution is the better way to
approach this.

Pete

On Jul 24, 9:32 am, claude jerry
wrote:
To convert negative number to positive =abs()
I dont know if there is a function to convert positive to negative

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote:
Can anyone help me out in revealing a way that all the positive numbers in a
worksheet would convert to negative ones and negative ones to positive ones,
without multiplying with -1.

Since I further need to calculate upon the same I want to change not only
the format but also the true nature. In other words some way other than
choosing a custom format.

If no other simple way, macros are welcome.- Hide quoted text -