Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Kazdagi Kazdagi is offline

Default Running Inventory

Ok, I thought this would be easy enough but the answer keep avoiding me.

I work in a small rural clinic and we get a lot of sample medications that
we provide to folks that cannot afford medicines. For about 3 years now I
have watched managment mismanage this inventory. Paper everywhere, notebooks
filled with reinforced holes in sheets that are folding over and driving me
crazy. There has got to be a better way of tracking this maddness . . .
Creating a spreadsheet to manage the meds is not hard, nor is one to track
meds dispensed to patients. What I am trying to do is create something that
has a accurate running total of meds in house. Say if I give 30 tablets of
drug yuckie to a patient I would want 30 subtracted from drug yuckie total.
Sounds easy but is totally perplexing to me. I have tried two pages - first
page with labels such as Name of Med., Strength, Lot #, Exp. Date, # of
tablets. Second page labels include date, Chart #, Name of Medicine,
Strength, Lot #, Exp Date and # of tablets dispensed (which I want to
subtract from the original number of that medicine and refresh the total to
reflect the new value. And I can't do it. Help and direction is what I need
- and perhaps someone that finds this very easy and interesting. I hate
seening thes binders and stacks of papers cluttering up workspace. . . there
must be an esier way! Thanks again,

Kazdagi
--
It is getting harder and harder to concentrate . . . what was I saying again?