Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
chas chas is offline

Default SUMPRODUCT where arrays have different dimensions

Hi, not sure if this is possible or not just thougt I would check
I have data set up in the following Format
A B C D
Labor Category
3130 3140 3120
Date to begin PM Acct Eng

02/01/08 40 29 20
03/01/08 15 27 100
05/01/08 30 55 72
02/01/08 32 17 87
05/01/08 2 93 47

I need a formula that find the labor category in question, then sum the
numbers for particalur month. The out put will appear as:
A B C D E F
02/01/08 03/01/08 04/01/08 05/01/08
3130 PM 72 15 0 32

So in Cell C2 i want a formula to find A2 and sumif the "date to begin" is
equal to C1.

I hope this makes since, if not just ask & I can try to clarify. I've tried
using the sumproduct but it won't work because of the different dimensions.
I'm not opposed to using a macro, i'm just not versed enough to write one.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!