Bob Phillips

Jack,

That is because Word is a word processor, and super/subscripts are an
intrinsic element of those. It is not so with Excel, so I guess that the
developers didn't see to build that in.

The Office suite share a lot of components, dictionary, language settings
etc., but they also have a lot of differences, based upon the individual
object models, and to exploit the product objectives. And of course, whilst
some co-operation takes place in Redmond, there are separate development
teams.

As to VBA, this is not relevant, as it is just the macro language, it is not
what the code is developed in, that would be C++.

The big problem with macro solutions is that they cannot be invoked whilst
the cell is in edit-mode, so whilst you could select say one word in a three
word cell and underline it (Ctrl-U), you couldn't do the same to invoke a
superscript macro, it would be all or nothing. And I believe that in most
instance you only want to super/subscript part, such as CO2 only wants the 2
subscripted.

--

HTH

RP

"Jack Sons" wrote in message
Bob,

Strange, because I know they exist in Word 2000. Why not in Excel 2000?
Can't they be "transplanted" from Word to Excel? I guess the same internal
program(language) is behind Word and Excel (VBA)?

Jack Sons
The Netherlands

"Bob Phillips" schreef in bericht
There are no built-in shortcuts for these. You could write your own UDF,

but
this won't work in edit mode on a cell.
Maybe John Walkenbach's SuperSub add-in would be what you want.

Allows selecting text to Super or Sub.

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/supersub.htm

--

HTH

RP

"Mann Lee" wrote in message
om...
We all know there are built-in shortcut keys for Font.underline
[CTRL+u], .italic [CTRL+i], .bold [CTRL+b]and corresponding toolbar
buttons in Excel.
They are toggling shortcut keys which even work during typing/editing
in a cell, which is very convenient.
I've been struggling to make such shortcut keys for superscript and
subscript, without success.
Would anyone kindly tell me how?
I am currently trying to learn EXCEL 2000 VBA and ACCESS 2000 VBA.