Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tpayne tpayne is offline

Default Find and Calculate Function?

yes,

I have 5 columns:
then 2 rows per job:
7/23/07 | 7/23/07 | 7/24/07
27 | 15 | 13

shows as minutes can be added to a job multiple times a day if the project
is worked on. I would like a function that can find in a large range those 2
dates and add up the amounts below them to show 42 minutes

"Toppers" wrote:

Is the data organised thus (down a column)?

Date
Time (Minutes)
Date
Time (Minutes)

"tpayne" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet I have built to keep track of jobs and the amount of
time worked on each. I have about 5 rows of data showing dates and time in
minutes worked on for each job number. My question is I am trying to create a
formula that will check a range of data for a date and then add up the amount
of minutes in the cell below it. For example, I would have todays date
7/23/07 then in the cell directly below it I will have the value 28 for 28
minutes. I did a =countif( ) function to find how many instances of the date
were shown in the range however I cant figure out how to add the minutes
that are below each instance in the same function. Can this be done?