Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
accessnovice accessnovice is offline

Default Formula help needed

There isn't a date in the column that I need to change daily. It is a housing
listing and it states the days the home has been on the market. Example - if
I list a home today I will place a 1 in the "# of days on Market" column.
Tomorrow when I open the workbook I will need a 2 in that column and so on
until the home sells. Thanks for your help.

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

I am working on a template for a work. The document has a column for "# of
Days on Market". I have been looking in help and in my Excel books for a
formula that will add one day to the total number each day the item
remains
on the market. I am not sure how to word what I am looking for in HELP.
What
I need is ex: Today the item has been on the market 14 days. When I open
the
worksheet tomorrow I need it to say 15 days. I looked for something
similar
to =Today() but can't seem to find anything. Thanks.

Do you have the listing date in a column somewhere? If so, just use either

=TODAY()-A1

or...

=TODAY()-A1+1

depending on if you count the listing day as day one or not. Substitute the
cell number containing the listing date for the A1 that I used.

Rick