Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default VB formula

I do my best to keep all my data in one worksheet. Then I can use
data|filter|autofilter to show just the information that I want (Filter to show
people who are 11, for example).

If that doesn't work for you, then I'd still keep all my data in one worksheet
(easy for updating) and generate new age worksheets whenever I updated the
master worksheet.

You may want to look at the way Ron de Bruin and Debra Dalgleish approached it:

Ron de Bruin's EasyFilter addin:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Code from Debra Dalgleish's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

Dave VB logic for excel wrote:

Hello,

Im creating main spreadsheet and age spreadsheet.

Main Spreadsheet
Name Age Location Status Sex Code

Age Spreadsheet
For age 11
Name Age Location Status Sex Code

For age 12
Name Age Location Status Sex Code

For age 13
Name Age Location Status Sex Code

For age 14
Name Age Location Status Sex Code

So when I enter details in main spreadsheet, it should come under the
appropriate table in age spreadsheet. Is there any VB formula that I can use
to do this?

Thank you

--

Dave Peterson