GrayesGhost

Taz,

That wasn't what I wanted to hear, but that does answer my question.

I am a long time Quattro Pro user who is, unfortunately, having to now learn
Excel.

There are a lot of similarities between the two spread sheets but the
differences are also as far apart as night and day. In Quattro Pro, it is
possible to "insert" an unopened file into an open worksheet without having
to first open the second file and then do a copy/paste. The project I am
currrently working on involves combining data from several different, single
sheet workbooks and that feature would be most helpful about now.

Thanks for the reply - GrayesGhost

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hi GrayestGhost-

Direct answer to your question is No. In order to move or copy sheets from
one file to another, both files must be open. Even if you move or copy to a
New workbook, tha wkbk will open as it is created.

HTH |:)

"GrayesGhost" wrote:

If an unopened Excel Workbook only contains a single worksheet, is it
possible to import the data from that worksheet into another Workbook that is
open, without having to open the other file?