Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Thomas Dave Thomas is offline

Default Dates formula

I realize that. But usually one date is supposed to be less than or equal to
the other. So I prefer to get a negative result so I'll see the #'s to let
me know something is wrong.
E.g. Today is 7/21/2007 and someone's hire date in A1 is 7/1/2008, so
abs(TODAY() - A1) gives 346 days. I'd rather see the #'s. In obtaining data,
manual entry or otherwise,
things do slip through the cracks.

Regards,

Dave

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
So, to be on the safe side, if you want the difference in whole days
between two dates, make sure the date you subtract is equal to or less
than the other date

Or, you can use the ABS (absolute value) function on the difference.

Rick