Myrna Larson

Well, if you are talking about Data/Import External Data, that might be
possible.

If not, you would need to use a VBA macro do do this, but even then, you must
open the 2nd workbook. However, the macro can turn off screen updating so the
user doesn't see the 2nd book being opened and closed.

BTW, unless you are talking about Data/Import External Data, you can't import
a text file (#2) into an open workbook (#1) without a macro, either. If you
just open the text file (#2), it goes into its own workbook, so at that point
you have 2 workbooks open. To get it into book #1, you have to move or copy
the worksheet from #2 to #1.

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 16:35:04 -0800, "GrayesGhost"
wrote:

Myrna,

I appreciate the reply, but I don't want to link the two workbooks. I want
to physically insert the data from the unopend worksheet into a worksheet in
another Workbook that is already open (similar to importing a text file -
except I want to import an Excel Worksheet). Is it possible to do this?