Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jenny B. Jenny B. is offline

Default Please Help - Checkbox Data Validation question!!!

Good Afternoon,

I working on an Excel Sheet that Im setting up as a Test. I have set-up
Checkboxes using the Tools/Forms option that Im linking to corresponding
cells (the cells reflect a True or False value dependant on if they are
checked or not).

I found a formula which Ive pasted below that will Clear all the check
boxes and works great, but I also need a formula that will set up a Data
Validation/ Constraint for each group of questions. Since I cannot use the
typical Data Validation because no one is actually clicking the cells itself
€“ is there a way to monitor just the checkboxes themselves? For example, I
have a group of 5 checkboxes in Cells B15, B16, B17, F15 and F16 which all
have different answers to a related question. What I need is a way to make
sure the User does NOT check 2 Boxes.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your
thoughts €“ Jenny B.