Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default My Final #DIV/0! that I'd like to say Goodbye to!

What if the sum is zero in C4:C500 due to negative and positive values?
Since the OP said "until data begins appearing in the C4:C500" it would be
better to test C4:C500 for blank cells.

Peo Sjoblom

"Dave Thomas" wrote in message
. net...
Here's one way:

=IF(SUM(C4:C500)<0,AVERAGE(C4:C500),"")
=IF(AO19<0,SUM(AL4:AL18)/AO19,"")
=IF(AO19<0,AL4/AO19,"")

"Dan the Man" wrote in message
The following cells on my spread sheet produce the #DIV/0! error under
the
following circumstances, and I'd prefer the cells to remain "blank" until
data is input to produce the outcomes identified (which do work once data
is
provided):

C3:

=AVERAGE(C4:C500)

Division error will occur, until data begins appearing in the C4:C500
range
cells.

AV4:

=SUM(AL4:AL18)/AO19

Division error will occur, until data appears in cell AO19

AQ4:

=AL4/AO19

Division error will occur, until data appears in cell AO19

Dan