Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default #DIV/0! Error-Another Twist, assistance please?

One way:

=IF(COUNTIF('Quarter 1 Data'!$G$4:$G$500,"Allen"),AVERAGE(IF('Quarter 1
Data'!$G$4:$G$500="Allen",'Quarter 1 Data'!$C$4:$C$500)),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dan the Man" wrote in message
Don helped me with a formula I was struggling with, and the two he
developed
work PERFECTLY:

=AVERAGE(IF('Quarter 1 Data'!$G$4:$G$500="Allen",'Quarter 1
Data'!$C$4:$C$500))

=AVERAGE(IF('Quarter 1 Data'!$F$4:$F$500="OP",'Quarter 1
Data'!$C$4:$C$500))

I have one additional question however, and I'll use the following as an
example to describe what I am looking for:

If there is no input data yet for Row C or Row G, I would understadably
see:
#DIV/0! in the cell referencing the first formula above (which I do). I
realize that as soon as I input any data into Rows C or G, the #DIV/0!
error
will be replaced with the actual numeric data generated by the formula.
This
would also be true of the second formula in the absence of any data in
Rows C
or F.

Is there any way of using an IF statement to keep the cells blank, until
the
relevant data is input. It's probably more of a cosmetic issue, but I just
hate seeing that "Division" error sign (even if the only assoicated error
is
the lack of data in the specific cells requiring data).

Thanks!

Dan