Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
quattda quattda is offline

Default #DIV/0!

I am working on a time sheet with Cell H3 being a sum of actual times
calculated from a range of other start and end time cells. If there is no
start/end times entered the return value in the cell is 0. I am then
calculating a wage value based on the expected time (H2) vs actual time (H3).
However, if there is no actual time value entered I get the #DIV/0! error
message. Obviously, this is because of the 0 in the denominator position.
I have used the formula: =IF(H3=0,12,(H2/H3)*12) to try to eliminate this
but I still get the error message. What am I doing wrong?