Thanks to everyone...I don't know why I didn't try this first. My
workbook was messed up in the first place, how I don't why. Probably
due to my tinkering. Even after I deleted all CF and manually cleared
the formatting, the workbook wanted to keep it for some reason...but
deleting it and starting with an absolutely brand new workbook seemed
to have worked.

I also performed the following which I don't know if it fixed my
problem or not. All I know is that this is working now.

1) Format Cells Number Date selected the very first option:
*3/14/2001. I was using 3/14/01 first.

2) After entering the CF, I went back in CF to verify my entry. I
removed the quotes Excel put in for me.

All works now.

Thanks again...
Russ