Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hoya97 Hoya97 is offline

Default How do I pull value from c8 but only if a8 = a certain value

I don't know if this is possible, but for reference list I need to use an IF
statement for an entire colum to see whether a value is used, and then if it
is used, to total the number that is entered two cells over.

How i really want it to read is, for example, if column a = "meetings", then
add the time that is entered into the cell two colums over. The "meetings"
can be entered anywhere in the column from row 1 through 20 and wherever it
is entered you would need to pull the value from the same row 1 through 20 in
the 2nd column. Hope that makes sence.