Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Coulter Fred Coulter is offline

Default Spreading Formulas across the whole document

Are you looking for a cumulative time from the first entry to whatever entry
is on the row you're looking for? If so, lock the first time down with the
F9 key in your formula.

For example, assuming the first piece of data is in A1, here are the formulas:

12:01:03 AM
12:01:06 AM 0:00:03 =A2-$A$1
12:02:26 AM 0:01:22 =A3-$A$1
12:02:30 AM 0:01:27 =A4-$A$1
12:03:50 AM 0:02:46 =A5-$A$1

Type the first formula, then copy it all the way. The $A$1 won't change,
but the other references will.

"Vlad" wrote:

I have a document that it has 35 thousand entries of different times. I need
to figure out the time intervals between every single entry. The formula i
use is pretty simple =(H#-H#). For example how would i adjust that formula so
it takes in account all the 30 something thousand of other rows.

My thing looks something like this
Time Interval
12:01:03.396 AM
12:01:06.309 AM
12:02:25.823 AM
12:02:30.195 AM
12:03:49.709 AM

Is there a formula that i can get the difference between each time and add
it up for a total amount of hours....

please any advice is VERY appreciate it

Thank You