Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Nested IF statements

Hi,

try this
Col A Col B
0.33127 =A1
0.191950464 =IF(B1<=1,B1+A2,A2)
2.278947368
0.520123839
0.693188854
0.073374613

In b1 enter the formula =A1
In B2 enter the formula shown above and drag down.
It will sum column A until Greater than 1 then start again

Mike

uk
"Karrisac15" wrote:

I have a series of numbers in excel that i would like to group as soon as
they add up to =1. For example A1 & A2 do not ad up to be 1 but sum(A1:A3)
does. Therefore I would like it to say "Group A1, A2 & A3". After it groups
A1, A2, and A3 I would like it to start over with A4. Here is the problem:
I do not know how to nest IF statements for all conditions such as if A1 & A2
actually added up to =1 I would want it to start a over with A3 instead of
A4.
1 0.33126935
2 0.191950464
3 2.278947368