Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default How do I change text to a different case

Let's say the names are in A1:A1000
In B1 (insert a new column if needed) enter =PROPER(A1)
Copy this down to B100 - the quickest way is to double click the fill handle
(little solid square in lower right corner of active cell)
Now you have a column with "bad" data and one with "good" but the good data
comes from formulas that rely on the bad data.
Select the good data; click the Copy tool and (with out moving the
selection) use Edit | Paste Special and specify Values in the dialog.
Now the "good" values are text not formulas
So you can now delete column A
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Raoul" wrote in message
Each person on my list has put their own name in themselves, in upper and
lower and a combination of both cases. How do I get it to be one or the
other without re-typing each name? (there are thousands)!