Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
louiscourtney louiscourtney is offline

Default Top 10 Ranking

Thanks everyone
Now i have the answers in a seperate tab i realised that i have one peice of
information missing

I now have the top ten in order by name and score what i need to add is the
corresponding year which is in Column B3 down to B220
can this be done please

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Assuming that the names are in A1:A26, score in B1:B26 on sheet 1, add this
to C1 and copy down

=RANK(B1,$B$1:$B$26)+COUNTIF($B$1:$B1,B1)-1

Select A1:A10 on sheet 2 and eneter this in the FORMULA BAR

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$26,MATCH(ROW(INDIRECT("1:10" )),Sheet1!$C$1:$C$26,0))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"louiscourtney" wrote in message
Sorry to be rude but how do i do that?

"bj" wrote:

the rank() or large() function would identify the top ten people
then on your new sheet an index match woul dpull the top ten over.

"louiscourtney" wrote:

I would like to be able to set up an extra tab in my worksheet that
gives me
the top 10 performers
I can't use the normal filter sort as not all the cells are the same
size
and it all goes out of sync

The sheet where the information is held is layed out as follows
Column A has all the names from A3 down to A220
then there is various other columns with other data until we get to
column P
which has totals in it

Column P3 down to P220

What i would like is some sort of caluculation that picks up the name
then
the corresphonding amount and then sorts it into the top 10 perfromers

And then enters the information on the seperate tab

Any help would be appreciated