Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Calculate a date

=workday(today(),-7)

(Format that cell as a date if it looks funny)

aehan wrote:

Hi Bernard

A user has asked me for a formula to calculate 7 working days back from
today's date. TODAY() -7 or NOW() -7 includes the weekends. So for instance
if today were 19th July she would want to see 10th July as the answer, not
12th. If today were 16th July she would want to see 5th July as the answer,
not 9th - and so on. I've tried NETWORDAYS, but that gives me the number of
working days ago - not the date, and now I'm completely stumped.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Could you give an example?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"aehan" wrote in message
I think I am being extremely thick, however I am trying to work out what
the
date is a week ago from today's date excluding weekends. I don't want to
know how many working days ago it was, I need to know the actual date.
Does
anyone know how to do this? Help would be greatly appreciated as I'm
really
scratching my head over this one.

Thanks a lot
Aehan